Where there’s a will, there’s a way. The quote holds perfectly to Jessica Cox who is the world’s first armless pilot.
Jessica Cox now 30, was born on February 2, 1983 at Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA. She was born without arms due to a very rare birth defect. Despite the fact, she has achieved much more than what normal people actually do in their lifetime.
She proficiently uses her feet as if they were her arms. She uses her arms to fly a plane, drive a car. She can also play piano with her feet.
She holds two black-belts in Taekwondo. The first she earned while she was 14 years of age at International Taekwondo Federation and the second at American Taekwondo Association. She has unrestricted driving license for car.
Notable Achievements of Jessica Cox :
- First Armless Licensed Pilot
- Guinness World Record Holder (The Only Pilot to Fly with Feet, 2011)
- Inspiration Award for Women (Most Aspirational, 2012)
- AOPA LIVE Pilots Choice Award (Most Watched Female Aviator, 2010)
- 100 Most Influential Filipino Women in the USA, 2009 (Filipino Women’s Network)
- Published in Ripley’s Believe It or Not, 2009
- First Armless Black-Belt Holder in the American Taekwondo Association
- Certified Scuba Diver
- Proficient Armless Surfer
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (University of Arizona)
- An Active Motivational Speaker (Delivered Speeches in 17 Countries)
Last year, in May 2012 she married Patrick who was also her former Taekwondo instructor. They live at Tucson, Arizona, USA.
Jessica Cox is an adventure loving woman. She successfully performs adventure sports like rock climbing, horse riding, water surfing etc.
Currently Prowave Media is making a documentary on the life and achievements of Jessica Cox. The documentary is titled RIGHTFOOTED.
This year Jessica will travel to Ethiopia in association with nobel prize winner NGO Handicap International. She will visit schools there to motivate children with disabilities.
Watch this brave girl surfing on the waves.