As you know like Microsoft Office Word, there is no such quick provision to add watermark in Microsoft Office Excel. In Office Word there is an in-built watermark option provided which can be found by clicking Page Layout tab situated in toolbar and can be inserted a watermark by clicking on watermark button lying under page background group. There are some pre-built watermarks and you can also make your own watermarks depending on your choices.
In Excel worksheet adding a watermark is a tedious task. Adding a watermark is a good practice in some cases as it reflects the status of the document whether it is draft, confidential or something else. However in Excel, watermark can be added by inserting a pre-built graphic image (PNG or JPG) in to the Header of the Excel worksheet and it is displayed as a watermark. So this tutorial helps you to insert watermark in your Excel worksheet. just follow these steps:
- For sake of your convenience has created two watermarks :
CONFIDENTIAL and DRAFT. First download and save these two watermarks in your computer.
- Now explore your Excel worksheet and click on Insert tab and in the text group, click Header & Footer.
- Excel will switch to Page Layout view and your cursor will appear in central header box at the top of the worksheet page.
- Click the Design tab and in the Header and Footer element group, click on picture.
- Now locate your saved image of DRAFT and CONFIDENTIAL watermarks in your computer and add it to the header. Now you’ll find that your worksheet header contains the word “&[Picture]. In order to view the actual watermark, just click on any cell in your worksheet.
- Here one thing should be remembered that when you’re viewing it, you’ll be in Page Layout view.
To move back to the Normal view i.e. the way you typically work in Excel, click Normal button on the status bar at the bottom right of your screen.