Are you living at some kind of place, where there is always chances of stealing of your belongings including your laptop? It happens especially in colleges or school hostels premises or residential lodges where large number of people live together. So if you’re conscious about your most valuable thing i.e laptop then you must know about an utility called Prey, that lets you to track your laptop in the case of stealing.
Once installed, it lets you to collect all the data regarding your missing laptop. For instance you may know where the laptop is at present along with hardware and network status. With this information probably you can recover your missing laptop in some cases.
How to Make Settings in Prey?
- First download and install Prey utility in your computer. To download : CLICK HERE
- After installation launch the application. Since you are a new user you’ll be asked to create an account with your name and e-mail ID.
- Once account created, you’ll get a confirmation mail. Just click on that and you’ll be redirected to the official site of the Prey. Login there with the email ID and password with which you have created your account initially.
- After login, there in control panel you can see your laptop. You can also add some more devices in future.
- Double click on desktop icon, then in the next window you can enable your necessary protection features which are under main and configuration link usually.
- Your necessary settings has been done. Now whenever you lost your laptop navigate to control panel in your account and turn on the missing option.
Then it will send all the information about your missing laptop via emai when the culprit connects your laptop to the internet.
Prey is available for all kind of operating systems – Windows, Linux and Ubuntu as well. It has two editions :
- Free Edition
- Pro Edition.
The Pro edition has some more features included. 😆 😆