It is a common experience that whenever you install certain software in your computer, your default search engine setting often change automatically. These new default search engines are nothing but an absurd for you and also these are not as effective as compared to Google.
As there are so many such software available which use to alter your default search engine setting in your browsers. In order to avoid this non sense, it is better to set your desired search engine as default in your Chrome and Firefox browsers manually. It will enable you to stay with your desired search engine in spite of installation of such software. This tutorial describes the different procedures and steps for making these settings in Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Default Search Engine Setting for Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and right click on address bar and select “Edit search engines…” in contextual menu.
- In the resulting window, there will be many search engines options provided.
Select your desired search engine and click on “Make Default” button.
Default Search Engine Setting for Firefox
The setting procedure of default search engine for Firefox is completely different from Chrome but you can do it in within seconds. Just follow these steps :
- Open your Firefox browser and type about:config in address bar and hit Enter then a warning will appear. Just ignore it and click on – I will be careful, I promise!
- Now in next window type keyword.URL in Filter box. In the appeared result make a right click and select “Modify” in contextual menu.
- In the next window, you’ll be asked to enter the string value of your desired search engine.
- For your convenience the string values of the most popular search engines have been provided below.
For Google : http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q= For Yahoo : http://search.yahoo.com/search?p= For Bing : http://www.bing.com/results.aspx?q=
Copy the string value of your desired search engine and paste it into Enter string value dialog box and click OK. That’s it.