After a series of leaks and rumours, Samsung has finally announced the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active in USA. The smartphone is up for sale in US and available on AT&T network. In USA, the smartphone is retailing for $0 down and $27.50/ month through AT&T Next 18 or $35.75/ month on AT&T Next 12 or $199.99 with a two-year contract. There is no word on the release in other markets right now.
Being a variant of flagship Galaxy S5, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active packs similar specifications as normal Galaxy S5 including 5-inch Super AMOLED display, 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.2, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot and 2800 mAh battery, but the Galaxy S5 Active comes with dust and water resistant capability, and is rugged and shock-proof smartphone.
Unlike Galaxy S5, it includes convenience key, which launches the Activity Zone and gives access to outdoor activity-related features and applications.
Here is the list of specifications of Samsung Galaxy S5 Active:
- 5-inch Super AMOLED Full HD display (1920x1080p)
- 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- 16MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
- Android 4.4.2
- 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS
- 2800 mAh battery
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Active appears in leaked video and images
- Leaked case reveals Sumsung Galaxy S5 Active’s design language