The Chinese phone maker Gionee has announced the launch of its next flagship device, called Elife S5.5 in homeland this week. According to the company, the Gionee Elife S5.5 is the world’s slimmest flagship device at the moment dethroning Huawei Ascend P6. It is just 5.5 mm thin, while Ascend P6, launched last year measures 6.18mm thin.
According to the company, the new Gionee Elife S5.5 boasts 5-inch Super AMOLED full HD Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protected display, and operates on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean topped with Gionee’s own Amigo 2.0 UI for enhanced user experience. It is powered by an octa-core processor clocked at a frequency of 1.7GHz, and packs 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory as well as a microSD card slot for expanding the storage by up to immense 32GB.
The phone also includes 13MP AF rear camera wti LED flash support and a 5MP front camera with wide-angle lens for better video call. It packs a powerful 2,300 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery as well as an array of connectivity options including 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG, MicroUSB v2.0 and A-GPS support.
Key specifications of Gionee Elife S5.5:
- 5-inch, 1920×1080, Super AMOLED full HD display
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS with Amigo 2.0 UI
- 1.7GHz octa-core processor
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB of on-board storage
- Up to 32GB expansion support
- 13MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash
- 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG and MicroUSB v2.0, A-GPS support
- 2,300 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Dimensions: 145.1 x 70.2 x 5.5mm
According to the company, the Gionee Elife S5.5 comes in Black, While, Blue, Pink and Purple colour options, and will hit the stores in China starting 18th March for a price of CNY 2,299 (~USD $375). The phone will also be launched in India and other countries later this month.