HTC may not be announcing its flagship at MWC 2014, but it isn’t coming empty handed. HTC Desire 8 is a mid-range device headed for the Chinese market and the rumored HTC A5 may be the international variant of the HTC Desire 8. HTC Desire 8 is expected to be unveiled on February 24th in China and we are expecting to see the HTC A5 at the upcoming MWC 2014.
Popular Twitter account @evleaks has tweeted the specifications of the upcoming HTC A5 and he is hardly wrong about the leaks. The leaked specifications of the HTC A5 are as follows:
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD SLCD2 pixels display
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8928) processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) with Sense 6.0
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5 MP front-facing camera
- 3.5 mm headset jack, Beats Audio
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 1.5GB RAM, expandable memory with micro SD
- 8GB internal storage
- 3G, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS with a-GPS
The phone is rumoured to be launched in several colours including black, white, red, yellow and purple.