A New Delhi resident was recently hospitalised after suffering serious injuries from an exploding Micromax smartphone. The specific details of the explosion are unknown but it seems to have originated from the battery of the smartphone.

Exploded Micromax Smartphone

Exploded Micromax Smartphone

According to a report in Gadgets to Use, Micromax’s Canvas 2.2 A114 smartphone exploded when the owner was talking on the phone while the phone was on the charging. The owner is now serious injured and has been admitted in hospital for treatment.

Injured owner admitted in Hospital

Injured owner admitted in Hospital

There could be several reasons for this unpleasant incident including voltage fluctuations as well as the use of faulty third party local charger available in the markets. So it’s best advice to use company’s authorized charger and not to make any call while the phone is on charging.

The smartphone in question – Canvas 2.2 – was launched by the company last month and comes with the usual specification present in most budget phablets from the Indian vendors. It is currently sold around INR Rs.12,900 in the country.