You are looking at the world’s first mega phablet having 7-inch display which has been showcased by popular Chinese phone vendor Coolpad. The company has unveiled this mega phablet at CES exhibition on Wednesday in Las Vegas.
In addition to the huge 7-inch FHD diisplay, the phone packs 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with 700 MHz Mali 450-MP4 GPU, 2GB RAM, 8GB of on-board storage, dual-SIM (WCDMA+GSM) support and 4000 mAh battery.
It runs on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, and comes equipped with 13MP 13MP auto focus camera with dual LED Flash, 5MP front camera, microSD slot for memory expansion and usual connectivity options including 3G, Wi-FI, HDMI, Bluetooth GPS and NFC.
Key features of Coolpad Halo:
- 7-inch (1920×1200 pixels) HD IPS OGS display
- 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with 700 MHz Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM (WCDMA+GSM)
- 13MP auto focus camera with dual LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5 lens optics, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, aGPS
- 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- 4000 mAh battery
According to the company, this mega phone will be released in China Coolpad 9976A later this month carrying a price tag of 1888 Chinese Yuan ( approx 19,400). There is no word if company is planning to launch it in other markets outside China too. It is also not clear when the Spice, that sells Coolpad phones under the Spice Coolpad category in India would launch it hee. If this comes to India at a competitive price tag, it is definitely going to be a hit with the phablet fans.