We have some exclusive information related to Intex’s first MediaTek octa-core MT6592 processor powered smartphone. The Indian phone vendor Intex has apparently detailed all the specifications of this upcoming smartphone which is said to be dubbed as Intex i17, and will pack 6-inch HD IPS display with 1280 x 720 pixel resolution.
It will be powered by Android 4.2 Jelly Bean backed by yesterday launched 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with 700 MHz Mali 450-MP4 GPU,and 2GB of RAM. It will also include 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p Full HD video recording, 5MP front-facing camera and 2300 mAh battery.
Among the other features, it will support FM Radio, dual Yamaha 1420 speakers with 1.2W output and connectivity options such as 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, and aGPS. The company will launch it 16GB and 32GB variants.
According to the company, the phone would come in existence in January 2014 and its 16GB variant will cost below 20,000.
Here is the list of the specifications of Intex Octa-Core smartphone:
- 6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with 700 MHz Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB/ 32GB internal memory
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual Yamaha 1420 speakers with 1.2W output
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, aGPS
- 2300 mAh removable battery
[Update: i17 might not be the final name of the device, and the device might be launched with a different name. We’re actively tracking the story and will let you know if anything new pop-ups]