BlackBerry has announced that its BBM for Android and iOS apps have been downloaded over 10 million times in the first 24 hours of release. The company has not revealed individual numbers for Android but the Google Play count puts the total installs somewhere in one to five million bracket.
While the number of installs looks pretty big, the actual number of users with access to BBM is still low as many are waiting for their turn in the queue to complete the account registration.
In related news, the company has stated that it will soon be bringing BBM Video, BBM Voice and BBM Channels to Android and iOS versions but it did not give a specific timeline.
In its announcement of 10 million installs milestone, BlackBerry also noted that BBM has received very positive reviews on both Google Play and Apple App Store. It even highlighted that there were over 60,000 five star reviews out of the total around 87,000.
- BBM for Android goes live in Google Play
- BBM for Android announcement is just around the corner now
- BlackBerry delays the launch of BBM for Android
- BBM for Android to come pre-loaded in Canvas smartphones, says Micromax
- BBM for Android likely to go live in Google Play from Sept.21
- BBM for Android launching on September 20: Report
- BBM Chat likely to be available for Android, iOS alongside BB10