ZTE, the popular leading Chinese phone maker, has announced two new mid-range Android smartphones in USA yesterday. Dubbed as Nubia 5 and Grand S, the smartphones are priced at US$449.99 and US$399.99 respectively. According to the company, the phones would go on pre-order starting 5th October via Amazon and other retail channels, and shipping will start beginning October 16.
As far as specifications are concerned, apart from dimensions, weight and battery, both the smartphone feature almost similar specifications including 5-inch full HD IPS display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution at 440 ppi, 1.5 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064) processor, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory.
Both these phone also include 2MP front camera and 13MP rear shooter with LED Flash that support full HD video recording. They also support common connectivity options like 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS, NFC, and HDMI port.
Take a look at the specifications of ZTE Nubia 5 and Grand S:
- 5.0-inch Full HD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS with Mifavour UI
- 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064) processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p HD video recording, Sapphire Lens
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS, NFC, HDMI
- 2300 mAh battery in Nubia 5 and 1780 mAh battery in Grand S
- Nubia 5: thickness-7.3mm, weight-127 grams
- Grand S: thickness-6.8mm, weight-109 grams
There is no word on availability of the smartphones outside USA.