As expected, LG India has officially announced the launch of flagship LG G2 at a press event held Gurgaon today. According to the company, the LG G2 has been priced at 41,500, and will be available in the Indian market starting today. The online pre-booking for the phone has already been started in India and several e-retailers including Flipkart and Saholic are taking pre-orders for the LG G2 from past few days with expected shipping from first week of October..
LG G2 is the current flagship device from Korean manufacturer which was originally unveiled in August this year. The phone packs 5.2-inch full HD IPS display, and come powered by Android 4.2 Jelly Bean along with 2.26GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor paired with 2GB of RAM.
In addition, it has 13MP rear camera, 2.1MP front camera and 3000 mAh battery for providing power supply to the phone. It comes in 16GB and 32B internal storage variants.
Apart from these, the LG G2 includes host of software customizations. some of them are given below:
- Answer Me: Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop: Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- QuickRemote: Not only can LG G2 be used to remotely control popular home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside: Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode: Protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.
It’s now no longer a mystery that the LG G2 will be available in both Black and White colours in the country. With the launch, the company is looking forward to capture 10% the Indian smartphone market by the end of 2014.
In India, the LG G2 will be competing with the likes of flagship HTC One, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1 and Apple iPhone 5S.
- LG G2 announced, packs 5.2-inch FHD display & Snapdragon 800 SoC
- LG G2 India pricing revealed, available on pre-order
- LG scheduled to launch LG G2 on September 30 in India
- Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T announce LG G2 release dates and pricing in UK
- LG G2 global roll out begins in September starting from US and Germany