The prominent leaker evleaks has posted some screenshots of Gear Manager app that confirm that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch will be indeed managed by Gear Manager app. The Samsung’s much talked smartwatch Galaxy Gear is scheduled to be launch on September 4 along with flagship Galaxy Note 3 at the IFA event in Berlin.
These posted screenshots suggest that users will be able to connect their Gear smartwatch to their smartphones with just a single tap using NFC, while actual connection takes place via Bluetooth. In addition, the Gear Manager will allow the consumers to change clocks, add applications or edit settings of the existing apps directly from their smartphone. The app will also be useful in tracking the smartwatch if it goes missing.
Likely to be compatible with Samsung Galaxy range of smartphones, there is still no report regarding the compatibility with other companies’ smartphone, and also there is no word on what kind of applications would be available for Galaxy Gear, but considering the expected launch just 3-4 days away, we won’t have to wait for long for the answers to these questions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear launch on September 4 confirmed by Executive
- Samsung Galaxy Gear will be sold in Five colours, says Sammobile
- Fresh details of Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch emerge in new leaks
- Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch to feature 1GB RAM, AMOLED display, and dual-core SoC:Rumour
- Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch has call making capability, says Bloomberg
- Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch likely to be announced on September 4: Report