As we’re getting closer to see the official announcement of Samsung’s smartwatch ahead of IFA trade fair, rumours have now started popping out on the net suggesting the specifications of Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Just yesterday we reported the presence of call making facility in smartwatch, and now we’re hearing that the Galaxy Gear smartwatch will be powered by 1.5GHz dual-core Exynos 4212 SoC coupled with ARM Mali-400 MP4 GPU and 1GB of RAM.
Thanks to Sammobile who has extracted these information from their anonymous sources. As per the sources, the smartwatch will also include 2MP camera, Wi-Fi and NFC support.
The website also notes the presence of 1.67-inch AMOLED display with 320×320 pixel resolutions in the smartwatch, although it’s not sure whether it’s flexible.
Here is the list of rumoured specifications of Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch, we know at this point:
- 1.67-inch AMOLED display with 320×320 pixel resolution
- 1.5GHz dual core Samsung Exynos 4212 SoC
- 1GB RAM
- ARM Mali-400 MP4 GPU
- 2MP camera
- Android OS
As the Samsung has not officially confirmed the specifications yet, we take it with a pinch of salt at the moment. But if the rumoured specifications are indeed true, then we will see a high-end wearable gadget in the form of Galaxy Gear smartwatch at the scheduled launch event on September 4.
- Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch has call making capability, says Bloomberg
- Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch likely to be announced on September 4: Report
- Samsung Unpacked 2013 Episode 2 scheduled for Sep 4, Galaxy Note 3 may be announced