Looks like US based chip maker Nvidia is quite serious about becoming a manufacturer and seller of tablet in coming months, as some online reports suggest that the company is working on a budget 7-inch Android tablet having Stylus support under its own brand. The budget tablet also recently appeared on GFXBench website.
Apart from this alleged cheaper tablet, Nvidia is also looking forward to introduce a high-end tablet under its own brand in first quarter of next year. According to the industry sources, Nvidia’s this high-end table will be powered by Tegra 5 SoC (mostly known as Logan). The Logan SoC is based on Cortex-A15 design paired up Kepler-based graphics part and looked quite impressive during a demo at SIGGRAPH 2013.
According to Fudzilla, unlike Nvidia Shield Console whose launch is pretty much focused on USA and Canada, the company has also planned to include selected European markets as well in the launch scheme of their high-end tablet.
- Nvidia scheduled to start Shield shipments on July 31
- Quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 powered XOLO Play T1000 launching on July 15
- Nvidia Introduces New GeForce 700M GPU Series For Laptops
- Nvidia introduces Tegra 4i Quad-core SoC, includes in-built LTE Modem
- NVIDIA introduces Tegra 4 processor with 72 custom GPU and 4 ARM A15 CPU cores