Microsoft has officially released its one of the important and powerful tool–Microsoft office for Android powered devices. The app is now available for download from Google Play store, but currently limited to USA Android users only. As per the company, the app will be also available for 117 more markets in few coming weeks.
Commenting on the app, Microsoft’s Julia White wrote in her official blog post:
Office Mobile is the official companion to Microsoft Office. Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents look great on your phone, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes. When you make edits or add comments to a document, the formatting and layout remain intact. When you return to your PC or Mac, your document looks like it should.
However before starting with Microsoft office Mobile, the users need to have Office 365 subscription otherwise they’ll not be permitted to use the app in their Android devices.
Here is a complete list of features included in Microsoft Office Mobile app:
1. Access documents from virtually anywhere:
- Cloud – With your phone, you can access Office documents that are stored on SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro, or SharePoint.
- Recent Documents – Office Mobile is cloud-connected. The documents you’ve recently viewed on your computer are readily available on your phone in the recent documents panel.
- Email Attachments – You can view and edit Office documents attached to email messages.
2. Office documents look stunning:
- Great-Looking Documents – Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents look great on your phone, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
- Optimized for phone – Word, Excel and PowerPoint have been optimized for the small screen of your phone.
- Resume Reading – When opening a Word document from SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
- Presentation Views – The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
3. Make quick edits and share:
- Edit – You can make quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- Documents Remain Intact – Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
- Edit While Offline – Your device doesn’t have to be continuously connected to the network to work on an Office document that is stored online. You can view and edit recently used documents even while you’re offline. Your changes will be saved online when your device reconnects to the network or to Wi-Fi.
- Create – You can create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
- Comments – You can review comments that have been made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments.
- Share – When you’re done with your edits or comments, simply send the document in email or save it to SkyDrive or SharePoint.