As reported, HTC has finally announced the release of its latest budget Android smartphone named Desire 500 at a press event held in Taiwan today. Being an entrant of Desire series, the smartphone will join previously launched Desire 200 and Desire 600 in mid-range segment. According to a press release issued by the company, HTC Desire 500 will carry a price tag of T$11,900 (approx 23,693) and will hit the stores in open market beginning tomorrow (July 24) and starting August 1 in HTC Taiwan Mobile stores.
As per the company, HTC Desire 500 comes with 4.3-inch WVGA display and packs 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor, 1GB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage. The smartphone runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Sense 5 user interface, which includes software features like Blinkfeed and Video Highlights.
Powered by 1800 mAh battery, HTC Desire is also equipped with 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.6-megapixels front camera, Beats Audio, NFC support and usual set of connectivity options like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, DLNA and GPS.
Here is the full specifications of HTC Desire 500:
- 4.3-inch WVGA display with 480 x 800 pixels resolution
- Android 4.2.2 with HTC Sense
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 quad-core processor
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, microSD memory card
- 8-megapixel rear camera with auto focus, LED flash, BSI sensor, built-in HTC ImageChip, F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- 1.6-megapixels front camera, with BSI Sensor
- Built-in GPS / AGPS antenna, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, DLNA
- Beats Audio
- 1800 mAh battery