In today’s world of fast processors and computing devices, the dangers of virus infection are at the peak. You might not be aware and some hacker might be controlling your PC remotely.
Unauthorized access to your PC can cause serious personal and economic damages like theft of personal information and credit card numbers. Here we will discuss some simple ways through which you can know if your computer is infected with viruses or malware.
Symptoms of Infected PC
Here are some surefire symptoms that suggest an infected PC :
- PC slows down and hangs often although you are not executing RAM extensive processes.
- While using some software or browser, you are automatically redirected to unwanted websites.
- You encounter sudden popups and browser windows without doing anything. Even if you close them, they open again by themselves.
- Software selling ads popup suggesting that your PC is infected and asking you to download security software.
- Your online friends tell you about your emails and social network posts that you never posted.
How to Prevent Infection
See also : How does a Virus destroy your PC?
Now to prevent your PC from getting infected, you should do a few things. Firstly you should always virus scan a pen drive or a CD/DVD before accessing its data. You should only visit safe and infection free websites. Most of the malware come from downloading bogus and useless software like screensavers, icon packs etc. If you suspect a website to be spreading malware, you can check at Norton SafeWeb or McAfee SiteAdvisor.