As per schedule and in order to make LG Optimus G Pro a tough competitor of Samsung Galaxy S IV, LG has started rolling out Value Pack Upgrade for its flagship Optimus G Pro in South Korea. As reported earlier, the update brings many innovative features to the smartphone like Smart Video, Dual-Camera, Pause and Resume and many more, which makes it now really a great rival of Samsung’s Galaxy S IV that also features similar kind of technologies. This value pack upgrade is now available in Korea via all the three operators, SK Telecom, KT and LG U+.
Originally announced in mid-February in South Korea, LG Optimus Pro features 5.5-inch FHD display with 1920x1080p resolution, 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm APQ 8064 processor, Adreno 320 GPU, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS, 2GB RAM. 13MP rear camera equipped with BSI sensor and LED flash support, 2MP front camera, 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and 3,000 mAh battery.
It went on sale in South Korea on February 21 and the company revealed earlier this month that it has shipped more than half a million units of Optimus G Pro in homeland alone.
Here is a complete list of features included in Optimus G Pro through this update:
- Smart Video: Recognizes the position of the viewer’s eyes and automatically plays or stops the video without any manual input from the user.
- Dual Camera: Simultaneously captures photographs of both the subject and the shooter using both the front and back cameras for a picture-in-picture composition.
- Pause & Resume Recording: Allows the user to pause and start in record mode for one continuous video file.
- Magic Remote Pad and Text Keypad via the QRemote function. New options for QRemote work specifically with LG
- Smart TVs to enhance convenience when using Optimus G Pro as a remote control for LG Smart TVs.
- The Smart LED Lighting outlining the home button of the Optimus G Pro will be upgraded so users can customize the colors to correspond to their favorite contacts. The flashing of the LED in different colors will allow users to identify the source of incoming calls, missed calls, unread messages and emails.
- The first Color Emoticons in an Android smartphone for more personalized text messages.