As per schedule, Samsung Galaxy S IV, the successor of existing Galaxy S III has been finally announced at a press event in NYC. The smartphone was in limelight from past few days and at the same time creating a lot of buzz on the social media networks before the announcement. As per the company, Galaxy S IV will come in three variants-16GB, 32GB, and 64GB. All the variants would have microSD card support for memory expansion up to 64 GB. It will be available initially in two colour options – Black Mist and White Frost, with a variety of additional colour options to follow later this year. The availability of the smartphone will be started globally in the April to June period.
As far as the specs of Galaxy S IV are concerned, Samsung Galaxy S IV features 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 13MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 2,600 mAh battery. It is powered by a 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor or a 1.6GHz Octa-Core Exynos 5 processor. The selection of the processor will be differed by markets.
Apart from these prominent specs, Samsung Galaxy S IV comes preloaded with many smart and cutting-edge technologies never seen before. Some of them are:
- Dual Camera: It enables users to click the images using both front and rear camera simultaneously. Users can also freely choose variety of frame effects which blends the two images taken naturally and also adjusts the size of the small picture inside the big one.
- Sound and Shot: This feature allows you to capture sound along with an image.
- S Translator: This feature provides instant translation and supports both from speech to text and text to speech. Right now, there is a support for nine languages in S Translator.
- Air View: An improved version of Air View in Note series devices, Air View now supports fingers too. It allows users to hover with their fingers to preview the content of an email, S Planner, image gallery or video without having to open it.
- S Voice Drive: To help users operate their S 4 while driving, Samsung is releasing S Voice Drive. It can activate commands via voice control for optimization when driving.
- Smart Scroll/ Smart Pause: this is the most innovative feature included in Galaxy S IV and we have already know a lot about it. Smart Pause uses front camera to track your face and if it moves away from the phone screen, the feature pauses the video playback. On the other hand, Smart Scroll uses face movement to scroll the browser or emails up and down without touching the screen.
- Samsung WatchOn: Samsung has included IR Blaster on S 4, and WatchOn is a feature to make use of that. It uses the IR Blaster to make your Galaxy S 4 universal remote for you TV, set-top box, DVD player and even air conditioner.
- S Health: Samsung has put in new sensors for temperature and humidity on the Galaxy S 4 and S Health uses those sensors to automatically monitor your health, surroundings and more.