How to Identify and Remove?
As Keylogger is installed between more than 100K files in the Windows directory at hidden place, it is very hard to know that which files belong to the Keylogger. However here are simple step by step methods that can detect almost any kind of spyware or other dangerous viruses.
- Open Run dialog and type msconfig and press Enter.
- A window will open. In this window click on Startup tab. There you will find the list of the programs that are automatically loaded when windows starts.
- Disable all the running programs in the Startup and shut down all of your Firewall and Antivirus software that are currently running.
- Restart your computer and go to msconfig window again to check the Startup again. Here all the programs should be disabled. But if you see any program that is automatically enabled by itself, that program is definitely the spyware or a virus. Note the name and the location of the program. If there is nothing enabled, it means that your computer is probably free from any spyware threat.
- Now you can enable again the programs in the Startup that you want to load as the Windows starts. Now, you know the Keylogger file name and where it is located. You can go to the location and manually delete the suspected programs or scan and delete the threat through your antivirus. Close all the programs and restart your computer. Now, you are free from Keylogger program.