Acer has revealed the secret about the launch of its two new awaited liquid Gallant model smartphones. According to the company, the launch of the two smartphones named Liquid Gallant and Liquid Gallant Duo will be held during IFA 2012, scheduled for August 31, 2012 and the duo smartphone would be officially available across the globe from September onwards.
Running on latest Android 4.0 ICS operating system, Acer Liquid Gallant is a single SIM 2G/3G network supported smartphone and flaunts 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen display with maximum resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The smartphone has been equipped with 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor coupled with 1 GB RAM amd said to have 5MP camera with LED flash on the back and 1,500 mAh battery. The phone will come with 4GB of internal memory and can be expanded up to immense storage of 32GB via microSD card. On the connectivity front, the Acer Liquid Gallant supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with EDR and 3G with HSPA, GPRS, EPRS and microUSB v2.0.
It is expected to feature Surround Sound, which offers clear audio to the users. Acer is expected to add its own customisations to the Google’s operating system before the official launch. It is expected that the phone will come with Swype keyboard and Polris document viewer. The smartphone is likely to be launched in Gentle Black and Ceramic White colors.
Some Key specifications of Acer Liquid Gallant:
- Display: 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen
- Operating system: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Processor: 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9
- Camera: 5MP (rear) with LED flash
- Battery: 1,500mAh, Li-ion
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, microSD support up to 32GB
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR, 3G (HSPA), GPRS, EDGE, microUSB v2.0, GPS
- FM Radio with RDS, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Sensors : Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Colors: Gentle Black, Ceramic White
The Acer Liquid Gallant Duo is said to have the same features, but will offer dual-sim support.