Samsung is going to add an another smartphone in its Galaxy gallery with the announcement of Samsung Galaxy S Duos which is expected to be available from next month in Europe followed by other markets including India. However the price of the smartphone is not clear yet which will play a important role in its success or failure.
Supporting dual-SIM network and running on Android 4.0 ICS OS, Samsung Galaxy S Duos will feature a 4-inches WVGA display having 480×800 screen resolution as compared to Samsung Galaxy S III which has 4.8-inches AMOLED display with resolution of 720×1280. To support its Android OS and multi-tasking the smartphone will be equipped with 1 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM. The Galaxy S Duos will be shipped with 1500 mAh battery and an in-built 4GB of internal memory. It also sports a 5MP camera, microSD card slot and Wi-Fi.
Key specifications of Samsung Galaxy S Duos :
- 4.0-inch WVGA display with 480×800
- 1 GHz processor, Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon Chipset, 768 MB RAM
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system
- 5MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash
- VGA secondary camera
- FM radio with RDS
- 512MB RAM
- Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE,WLAN, MicroSD slot, Bluetooth
- 4 GB internal memory, expandable up to 32 GB
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by), SNS integration, MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player, MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player, Organizer, Document viewer, Voice memo/dial, Predictive text input
- GPS, Accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass
- 1500 mAH Li-Ion battery