The Indian affordable handset manufacturer Karbonn has launched a new tablet called Karbonn Smart Tab 1 in Indian market which runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating software. Price at 6,990, the Smart Tab 1 is probably the world’s first Android 4.1 Jelly Bean powered tablet. This Jelly Bean powered Smart Tab 1 is an advance version of Android 4.0 ICS operated Smart Tab 1 which was unveiled at the starting of the previous month by the same manufacturer.
Apart from running Android 4.0 Jelly Bean OS, the tablet features 17.8 cm capacitive touch screen display, 3D gravity sensor, Wi-Fi, 3G support through USB dongle, a 2 megapixel front camera.The Karbonn Smart Tab 1 is equipped with 1.2 GHz processor and pre-embedded applications, including Facebook, Times of India & Economic Times app along with Karbonn Smart Browser & Karbonn Smart games. The device is expandable up to 32 GB and will be shipped with a powerful 3,700 mAh battery which offers 7 Hours of Internet surfing time, 8 Hours of video playback time on earphones and 25 hours of music playback time on earphones.
Let’s take a quick look at its prominent features:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS and 1.2 GHz processor
- 17.8 cm capacitive 5-point touch screen display
- 3D garvity sensor, HDMI port, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 3G support through USB dongle
- 2 MP front facing camera
- Expandable up to 32 GB
- Pre-embedded applications – Karbonn Smart Browser & Karbonn Smart Games
- Local apps – Times of India & Economic Times app, Facebook
- Full HD Video Playback upto 1080p
- 3700 mAh Battery : Upto 7 Hours of Internet Surfing Time, 8 Hours of Video Playback Time on Earphones and 25 Hours of Music Playback Time on Earphones