Do you know when you need to stop access of internet by a certain program in your computer? As you know the programs installed in your computer continuously check themselves for updates and if there is any update available, they notify you . If you have installed programs with genuine serial number, it’s ok and you can go for updates. However you’ll be in big trouble when you have used cracked or pirated software. In this case whenever you’ll go for installing update for your pirated installed software then after installing updates, it will be blacklisted. In order to avoid this annoying situation, certainly the best way is to stop an application from checking updates. So get ready to know how to do this.
Follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to Control Panel and open Windows Firewall and select Advanced settings.
- In Windows Firewall with Advanced security window click on Outbound Rules residing left pane of the window.
- A window similar to below will pop-up.
- In that window click on Next. In the next window enter the program path. Choose the .exe file of the program from installation directory. After that click Next.
- In the next window click on Block the connection radio button and click Next.
- Again click next in next window.
- In the final window, enter any name but generally we keep the name of the program for future reference.
Now after clicking on Finish button your selected program will not be able to connect the internet for checking updates.